I don’t think that many of us thought two years down the track we would still be dealing with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Most of us were hoping this would be the year we see business return to a somewhat ‘normal’ state.
Well as we all know too well, that’s not going to happen right now, so today I wanted to share some tips to help small businesses get through this challenging time.
The first step is thinking outside of the box that you are already operating in and asking yourself a few questions.
What do your customers want right now?
- Identify how their situation has changed (working from home, need delivery, limited up front cash flow).
Can you create a new offer/service to provide a solution?
- Can you add to your existing offerings, sell a complimentary product online, offer online consultations?
Can you expand your niche?
How can you get your message out quickly?
With the world how it is RIGHT NOW, what can you do to make your business offerings more appealing? Do you need to offer something new, add on to existing services to increase your average sale or sell some of your products online?
What do your customers WANT, what can you OFFER to solve their problem?
Next, we want to get our message out quickly.
First up, you’ll need to make sure your offer is found online. This might mean a landing page on your website or adding in an online shop option.
Getting your message out
Please note I have included options that will tend to get a quicker result. There are lots of other ways to market your business for free, but some can take a bit of time to gain traction.
- Add service/product to your Google My Business profile.
- Create a Facebook Post, share on your platforms, share in relevant groups.
- Write a press release.
- Email your list and let them know about your offer.
- Update your Social Media Cover Images to promote offer.
- Update your listings in directories (local business directories, Chamber of Commerce etc.)
- Identify your keywords and set up a Google Ads campaign.
- Use Facebook to re-target visitors to your landing page with an ad to increase conversions.
- Search Engine Optimisation – This can take a bit of time but good to start straight away so you can stop paying for Google Ads when your organic listing hits the top spot on Google!
When times get tough is when we really need to dig deep, to take a step back from our businesses and ask ourselves ‘what can we do differently’?
It is possible to THRIVE, not just SURVIVE during challenging times.
If you have an idea and need help getting it set up, we have amazing packages for small businesses trying to adapt and survive during these challenging times.
- Payment plans available.
- Quick turnaround on simple 3-page websites (fully optimised).
- Google Ads set-up included in any New Website Builds or SEO packages.
Give us a call, it’s time to calm the chaos.